Job Title: Apprentice Business Travel Consultant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30pm
Traveleads is a successful Travel Management Company with headquarters in Leeds and a second office in Edinburgh. We have been established for almost 50 years, during which time we have won various awards and recognition for our commitment to our customers and our staff. Due to continued levels of growth and expansion we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Travel Consultant to join our team based in George Street, Edinburgh.
Working within an office based team. (20 employees) Non-public facing.
Initially an apprenticeship role and working in our Corporate Travel division, we will be providing the successful candidate with further opportunities to develop and progress within the company.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Provide our clients with the highest levels of customer service at all times to ISO9001 standards
- Assist clients with their travel enquiries both over the phone and via email, including (but not limited to) booking flights, hotels, rail, car-hire, ferries, airport parking and advising on travel visas requirements.
- Convert general enquiries into actual bookings utilising all the tools and technology available.
- Ensure all communication both written and verbal is professional, accurate and conducted in a timely manner.
- Administrative duties (generated as part of the travel reservations)
- Undertake any other reasonable duties/responsibilities as requested by your reporting line manager(s) in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure client and company confidentiality at all times and in line with GDPR regulations.
- Attend all necessary training courses to ensure professional and personal development in the role
What will I Learn?
- Industry related training to allow you to progress be a fully qualified Business Travel Consultant.
- Soft Skills (e.g. Communication; Teamwork; Problem Solving; etc.)
- SVQ Level 5 /6 in Business Administration
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
English / Maths as a minimum at either National 4/5s or Higher level…
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for travel, and is looking to start their career in Business Travel
- Is Computer literate with experience of using email and web based programs
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Has excellent communication skills and the confidence to deal with clients over the phone on a daily basis
- Is confident in an office environment and is reliable and enthusiastic
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org