Job Title: HR Administrative Assistant– Modern Apprentice
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term – 18 months
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5pm
To maintain our reputation as one of the world’s leading universities, we recruit the best people to a variety of support, professional and academic roles each year. We offer an exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent, develop and reward success and integrate professional and personal career goals, as well as give your career the benefit of a great and distinguished reputation. In addition, our employees benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits.
This post will be line managed by the Business Support Team Leader and will be part of the newly formed HR Operations Team. The posts will provide direct support mainly to the functional teams within HR – Reward, Employee Relations, Immigration, Resourcing, Equality and Diversity and Learning and Development as well as the HR Operation teams. You will contribute to the effective administration of the Human Resources function through the provision of routine administrative and organisational support to HR.
Working in a small team which is based in a large open plan office, primarily based in Dalhousie Land, with the opportunity to work alongside other colleagues within HR.
What might a day in this job look like?
A Typical duties will include:
- Photocopy and collate documents as instructed such as training handouts, committee papers, employee contract packs and letters.
- Data-entry into systems,for example, inputting email addresses into staff
- Scanning of documents and filing electronically.
- Bookroomsusing the room booking system,organise catering and other requirements such as equipment with the support of your
- Prepare HR meetings rooms
- After training, take responsibility for office stationery and supplies–monitoring stock levels, placing orders and checking invoices.
- Assist with paper or electronic information issued from
- Firstpointofcontactfortelephoneandemailenquiriespassing onto the relevant person/team. Open mail, pass onto relevant person/team and log, where necessary
- Monitor and update data bases, such as our staff discount
- Assist with HR eventsandForexamplenotetaking,helping to draft agendas,organise speakers,etc.
- Undertake a range of duties and projects as part of personal and professional development that will include study for formal qualifications, on-the-job training and attendance at relevant learning events.
What will I Learn?
- Soft skills (e.g. communication, organisation, interpersonal, customer service, using own initiative, teamwork, problem solving)
- Experience of working within a busy HR function.
- SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- A willingness to participate in a Modern Apprentice programme
- Minimum of fourNational5qualifications(includingMathsandEnglish)
- Experience and familiarity with Basic software packages(e.g.Microsoftoffice)and the ability to pick up new
- Attention to detail, excellent communication, time management, initiative and a willingness to learn.
- Problem solving (with guidance)and teamworking
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 22ndMay 2019