Job Title: Apprentice Administrator
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9am- 5pm, Friday 9am- 4.30pm
Carry out general administration, deal with enquiries and provide information to clients by email or telephone.
Purpose of Role:
To administer and process the day to day workload of the company as instructed by the Apprentice Training Manager, whilst maintaining the optimum and reliability in services in the terms of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Skills Development Scotland (SDS) operating rules.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a high level of customer service
- Administer, develop and promote SNIPEF Training Services Ltd
- Data management of Maytas, FIPS, Instructus databases and e/Drive
- Respond to enquiries and complaints (emails, phone calls and face to face)
- Input/enter, update, check details and run reports from the e/Drive and Maytas, FIPS (Skills Development Scotland), Instructus (MA Online) and Scottish Qualifications Authority computer databases to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is recorded.
- Copying, printing, scanning, filing, processing incoming mail and collating apprentice packs, travel and lodgings paperwork, promotional leaflets.
- Answer all telephone and email enquiries.
- Preparing stationary requests for Regional Training Officer to collect or to stationary requests out when Regional Training Officer is unable to collect.
- Issuing relevant documents to employers, apprentices, regional training officers and college/training centres when required.
- Process apprentice 13 week quarterly progress reviews and run reports to highlight to Regional Training Officers overdue/outstanding 13 week progress reviews and process T27’s for missed progress reviews.
- Create data reports that can be provided to senior management
- Process college/training centre invoices and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure payments are within timescales.
- Process and pay employer funding grants and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure payments are within timescales.
- Process SNIPEF Training Services Ltd non funded travel and lodgings requests and payments and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure payments are within timescales.
- Process and request Employers Liability Insurance from employers.
- Process and request Training 8’s from the Regional Training Officers.
- Update college/training centres contracts, college/training centre authorised signatories and college/training centre EV reports to or database Maytas.
- Assist Regional Training Officers on day to day basis and help with any enquiries they have.
- Process apprentice early leavers, change of employers and re-starts as per our contractual rules and quality management system.
- Process, request and claim apprentice start and VQ payments on FIPS/Maytas.
- Process apprentice registrations on to the relevant awarding body databases (SDS, SQA & Instructus – MA Online)
- Process awarding body (Instructus – MA Online & SNIJIB) registration and completion fees and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure they are paid within timescales.
- Collate and process feedback and other data from employer and apprentice questionnaires to monitor any trends and report any findings to Training Manager.
- Process, request and claim apprentice Notification of Achievements (T16’s) and run reports to chase up any outstanding Notification of Achievements yet to be submitted by the college/training centre.
- Manage and process Skills Development Scotland’s Apprentice Adoption Grants requests and payments and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure they are paid within timescales.
- Process Skills Development Scotland funded travel and lodgings requests and payments and communicate with the SNIPEF Finance department to ensure they are paid within timescales.
- Checking the Skills Development Scotland claim payment remittance to make sure payments match our claims and communicate with the relevant persons to action Adoption Grants, Travel & Lodgings payments etc. once funding has been received.
- Deliver a high level of customer service
- Attend and participate proactively in staff meetings, annual appraisal and other meetings as required
- Support internal and external communication activities
- Work effectively with Bellevue House colleagues to achieve the aims and objectives of SNIPEF Training Services Ltd
- Internally promote and support a team environment both within your team and with Bellevue House colleagues
- Attend local career fairs and events to increase awareness and profile of SNIPEF and plumbing apprenticeships as and when required.
- Assist in maintaining, creating and developing SNIPEF Training Services Ltd marketing material
- Ensure brand consistency across all internal and external communication
- Actively ensure the content of the SNIPEF Training Services Ltd website – becomeaplumber.org website is current and correct.
- Use and update SNIPEF Training Services Ltd social media accounts to communicate with apprentices, employers and college/training centres to further promote our services.
- Identify any improvements and opportunities for further efficiencies and new areas of operation for the future development and effectiveness of the department and feed these back to the Training Manager.
- Identify and contribute ways to ensuring administrative procedures have streamline processes
- Report customer complaints/non-conformances and ‘follow-up’ and action any complaints or non-conformances until they have been resolved.
- Professionally and positively represent the organisation at all times
- Attend and participate proactively in staff meetings, team meetings and other meetings as required and promote a team environment
- Work effectively with colleagues to achieve the aims and objectives of SNIPEF Training Services Ltd
- Undertake any other duties and reasonable requests that are in keeping with the nature of this post
- Take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of other members of staff who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Undertake training, as necessary, for the needs of your department and the needs of the business
How to Apply:
Please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com