Job Title: Caseworkers (x6) Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term – 12 Months Salary: £17,242 per annum
Employer: Scottish Government/Student Awards Agency for Scotland
Applications are invited for Enquiry Officers to work in the Customer Engagement area of the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS), based in Saughton House, Broomhouse Drive, Edinburgh EH11 3XD
The Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS) is an Agency of the Scottish Government giving financial support through a variety of schemes to all eligible students doing a course of higher education in the UK. We employ around 253 people. We receive and process around 160,000 undergraduate applications each year, with supporting documentation, almost all between April and October.
What might a day in this job look like?
- You will deal with casework and you will be responsible for assessing applications to establish students’ eligibility – and entitlement to support in accordance with our regulations and instructions.
• You will deal directly with students, their parents and college and university staff, handling their enquiries through correspondence, by telephone and sometimes in person.
• You must provide a professional, helpful and accurate service to all our stakeholders and maintain the established network of contacts within these areas.
• You must be customer focussed and take responsibility for producing accurate assessments and recommendations to meet demand.
• You must be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and procedures and be aware of how your actions may impact on others, particularly students and your immediate colleagues.
What will I Learn?
Communication and engagement, team work, information management, self awareness
SVQ Level 2 Customer Service
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
You must hold a minimum of 5 National 4’s including – Maths, Arithmetic
Competencies and Experience Required
The following competencies are key to performing the job successfully:
You should recognise the diversity of customers and understand their needs and expectations. You should have the ability to respond to these needs in a helpful and professional way and build positive relationships with customers. You should work to agreed timescales and standards, and work to improve customer service by listening to and acting on feedback.
Communications and Engagement
You should have good oral and written communication skills and be able to adapt these easily. You should be able contribute your ideas in a clear and concise way.
You will have access to personal information and must be able to manage it with discretion and in accordance with our data protection legislation and practices. We will provide training on the in-house processing systems you will use. You will be dealing with large numbers of applications and emails and will be able to store, retrieve and share information quickly and effectively.
You will plan, organise and prioritise competing demands on your time, ensuring that you complete tasks to an agreed standard and within agreed timescales, with minimum supervision. You should show an ability to identify your own development needs and actively manage your own learning.
You should be able to work as part of a team and recognise the contribution the team makes to the wider organisation. You should be aware of how your own work connects with work of others and demonstrate the ability to build relationships with those in your team. You should be willing to contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You should have the ability to organise and prioritise your workload with minimum supervision.
It is desirable (but not essential) that you are able to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to display confidence in dealing with a range of contacts;
- Competent in using a variety of common IT packages/systems and an ability to develop these skills as necessary.
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to email@example.com or hit apply.