Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term – 12 Months
Salary: £16,500 per annum
Employer: Royal College of Nursing
With a membership of around 435,000, the RCN is the largest professional association and union of nursing staff and students in the UK. We’re proud to be a leading player in the development of nursing policy and practice, with an influential voice at home and abroad. Plus, we’re number 15 in The Sunday Times 100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to work for, with Three Star Best Companies Accreditation for 2017 and are accredited with Investors in People Gold Standard. So join us, and you’ll have the chance to nurture your career and improve standards of care.
Working in an office based team.
What might a day in this job look like?
The Administrative Assistant will provide a range of administrative support tasks to the Business Support and Policy teams. Duties will include:
- Participate in frontline administrative support and facilities duties.
- Work on a regular basis at the reception desk, greeting visitors, booking taxis and couriers, managing in-coming and out-going mail.
- Assist in answering telephone enquiries, handling sensitive information with absolute discretion.
- Report and assist in coordinating repairs to the building and to office equipment.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Respond to queries relating to meeting room bookings and assist in ordering catering for events.
- Provide administrative support for events and assist in setting up meeting rooms with audio visual equipment and flip charts.
- Assist with meeting room set up and break down, including clearing of catering.
- Load and empty dishwashers and assist in keeping kitchens clean and tidy.
- Regularly maintain databases and electronic systems for storing policy engagement data.
- Check and record information relating to the launch of RCN reports.
What will I Learn?
Working in the business support team you will develop a variety of skills including team work, communication and customer service skills.
SVQ Level 3 Business Administration
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Minimum four National 4’s (or equivalent) and National 5 in English.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is self-reliant whilst seeking advice and support when required
- Is open to sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Listens carefully, asks questions and records information accurately
- Is helpful, courteous and patient
- Develops productive relationships within and outside the team
- Offers support and help to colleagues
- Respects and utilises the expertise of colleagues
- Plans work to ensure ability to deliver a quality service
- Adapts plans or reprioritise to respond to urgent needs
- Demonstrates the ability to work within tight timescales
- Contributes ideas for making improvements
- Respond quickly to request for information
- Demonstrates initiative
- Takes personal ownership of projects
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: 07 April 2019