Job Title: Modern Apprentice
Type: Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term – 12 Months
Salary: £16,500 per annum
Employer: Royal College of Nursing.
At the Royal College of Nursing we’re an optimistic organisation. And we’ve got good reason to be. We all share the same voice when it comes to changing the shape of the health policies of the future. And as the largest trade union of nursing staff and students in the UK – with around 435,000 members – all we can see are the infinite possibilities for a brighter future. Join us and you will too. Plus, we’re in The Sunday Times 100 Best Not for Profit Organisations to work for and are accredited with Investors in People Gold Standard.
Working in an office-based team.
What might a day in this job look like?
Supporting the knowledge and research team, you will be the first point of contact welcoming RCN members and visitors to our library and exhibition, help to run our programme of events and to ensure members can get the most from the services we offer You will:
- Provide customer service to RCN members and visitors as a first point of contact for the team, including greeting visitors and answering routine enquiries
- Support exhibition events and events taking place in workplaces and universities including booking arrangements for venues, communicating with delegates, promotion of events, packing and receiving materials for events, and arranging couriers to transport materials.
- Provide administrative support for events at RCN Scotland HQ in Edinburgh including preparing, printing and circulating papers; booking rooms and equipment; ordering catering, and providing relevant support at selected events
- Assist with ordering and maintaining publications and materials stock
- Provide customer service to members using the Learning Hub library resources
- Ensure e-mail, postal and telephone requests are processed in a timely and effective manner
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Provide reception cover one afternoon a week and when required, greeting visitors, booking taxis and couriers, managing the in-coming and out-going mail.
The hours of work are Monday-Friday 09.00-17.00; although the post-holder will be required to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the role.
What will I Learn?
As well as studying for your SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration, you will gain great administrative, customer service, and event experience whilst working with RCN Scotland.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team, providing administrative support to staff and RCN members at the RCN Scotland Edinburgh Office.
Educated to National 5 level or equivalent with good standards of literacy and numeracy
We are looking for team players who:
- Are self-reliant whilst seeking advice and support when required
- Are open to sharing knowledge and learning from others
- Communicates clearly and concisely
- Listens carefully, asks questions and record information accurately
- Are helpful, courteous and patient
- Develops productive relationships within and outside the team
- Offers support and help to colleagues
- Plans work to ensure ability to deliver a quality service
- Can adapt, plan or reprioritise to respond to urgent needs
- Demonstrates the ability to work within tight timescales
- Has good time management skills and attention to detail
- Is proactive in resolving issues & efficient at solving problems
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications include Word, Excel and email
- Responds quickly to requests for information
- Demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivering excellent customer experience
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to Murray@limelightcareers.co.uk
Closing Date: 23 February 2020; Interviews 11 March 2020