Job Title: Trainee Receptionist / Business Administration Officer
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Permanent, full time (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Salary: £16,926 per annum, rising to £17,338 in year 2 following successful completion of SVQ
Employer: Prospect Community Housing
Prospect Community Housing is a Registered Social Landlord providing affordable homes for rent in the Wester Hailes area of Edinburgh. We are looking to recruit a modern apprentice to work in our Property Services department, providing a wide variety of Reception and Administration duties.
Our new apprenticeship programme is centred on work based learning, where the training is directly linked to the job. In addition to developing the skills and knowledge required for the job, our programme also develops interpersonal skills such as communication, problem solving and team working.
You will work with our Front Office team, carrying out reception and administration duties, at our headquarters in Wester Hailes
What might a day in this job look like?
You will be an essential part of our Front Office team as the first point of contact for callers and visitors to our office.
Your Reception duties will include:
· Receiving visitors to the office and keeping the visitors log up to date;
· Dealing with enquiries from callers to the office courteously and efficiently, and providing general information where appropriate;
· Answering the telephone promptly, courteously and efficiently and taking messages accurately;
· Arranging appointments for staff as required;
· Taking payments for rent, factoring etc. via streamline;
· Logging repairs;
· Ensuring the reception area is attractively maintained;
· Ensuring reception area is secure at the end of day, closing and checking all shutters and securing front doors;
You will also assist in the administration of maintenance of the Association’s properties, liaising with tenants, factored owners, contractors and insurance companies, and other duties as required.
What will I learn?
· SVQ Level 3 (SCQF Level 6) in Business and Administration
· Industry related training in MS Office, customer service skills and health and safety essentials.
· You will develop interpersonal skills such as communication, time management, problem solving and team working.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
· At least one Higher, preferably in a related subject (i.e. Business, IT)
· National 5 in both English and Maths
· Experience of using MS Word and Excel is desirable
· We are looking for someone who is positive, reliable, confident, outgoing and enjoys helping others.
Funding for this Modern Apprenticeship is available for candidates between the age of 16-24.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org