Course: Business Skills at SCQF Level 6
Contract: Fixed Term – 26 weeks/ 25 hrs per week
Allowance: £100 per week
Training Provider: Limelight Careers
Limelight Careers have over 25 years of experience and a proven track record of success in the delivery of apprenticeships. We are passionate about helping talented young adults connect with the best Scottish businesses. Our aim is to identify talented individuals, unlock their potential and contribute to a qualified Scottish workforce.
The course will be delivered on a virtual platform. You will take part in projects, individual and group activities developing IT and other practical work-based skills that employers find valuable.
You will build a portfolio of evidence that showcases the requirements of the Business Skills Pathway Apprenticeship.
What is a Pathway Apprenticeship?
A Pathway Apprenticeship is an industry-recognised qualification. It will help you maintain and further develop your skills in preparation for the world of work.
Pathway Apprenticeships are designed to provide you with the opportunity to develop knowledge, technical skills and meta skills that prepare and enable you to access Modern Apprenticeship opportunities, jobs or further education in line with your career aspirations.
To qualify for this opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 or under and have reached the statutory age for a school leaver
- Unemployed and not in education
- Not in receipt of benefits
What will I learn?
The qualification covers:
National Progression Award:
- Understanding different types of businesses
- Business functions such as Human Resources and Finance
- Contemporary business issues
Work based challenge unit
Scottish Vocational Qualifications:
- Plan how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Support other people to work in a business environment
- Design and produce documents in a business environment
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Although it is not essential, learners would benefit from having attained the skills, knowledge and understanding required by one or more of the following or equivalent qualifications and/or experience:
- NPA in Business with Information Technology at SCQF level 5 or its component units
- NPA in Business and Marketing at SCQF level 5 or its component units
- National 5 Business Management or its component units
- Some ICT skills training at level 5. This may be through the achievement of relevant National Units or employment experience.
Course Start Date: Multiple Programs starting February 2021
How to Apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 22nd January 2021