Job Title: Patient Administrator
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term – 24 months, 30 hours per week
Salary: Starting Salary £9,385 – £10,950 per annum (£6.00- £7.00 per hour).
Employer: Drs Reed, Campbell and Ferguson, Orchard Medical Practice, Newton Port, Haddington, EH41 3NF
Orchard Medical Practice is a busy NHS GP practice offering general medical services to patients in Haddington and the surrounding areas. The successful candidate will join a small, friendly and efficient reception team and will provide a professional reception/administrative service to patients, doctors and other health service professionals. They will be required to work unsupervised effectively in often complex and unpredictable situations. They will use their own judgement, resourcefulness, common-sense and local knowledge to respond to patients’ enquiries, particularly in assessing degree of urgency.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Provide a full reception service to the public and NHS professionals within and beyond the Practice, as and when required.
- Signpost patients to the appropriate healthcare provider as per practice protocols.
- Receive and route patients on arrival.
- Answer all general enquiries from patients, explain surgery procedures, make new and follow up appointments for all surgeries and clinics.
- Scan or import clinical documents into patient electronic record and workflow as appropriate.
- Collate and input patient information onto computer systems.
- Administer repeat prescription system.
- Receive and record payment of non-NHS fees.
- Routinely check work related emails and action/respond as required
- Read code and update patient medical records as per GP/Practice Nurse instructions.
- Register new and temporary patients.
- Any other reception duties assigned to postholder.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 / 3 in Business and Administration
- Communication, teamwork, problem solving, IT skills
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Preferably a minimum of 2 Highers and 4 National 5s or equivalent one of which should include English
- We are seeking a candidate who has a mature disposition and is a team player with good organisation and communication skills. A high level of initiative and the ability to present information clearly in both written and oral form is required. The candidate should have the capacity to adapt to change and keep up to date with regularly updated protocols
How to Apply:
To apply please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
24th August 2020