Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term -12 Months
30 hours per week (Days/times to be agreed)
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Employer: North Edinburgh Childcare
North Edinburgh Childcare provides a range of high quality, affordable Nursery and Out of School Care services to children from birth to 12 years. North Edinburgh Childcares’ Training Department is recognised as an innovative provider of a range of high quality training programmes. Provision includes the delivery of our Childcare Academy programme supporting unemployed people into employment in the childcare sector, a range of Childcare Taster Courses, Scottish Vocational Qualifications in Childcare at Levels 2 & 3, Modern Apprenticeships in Childcare and a comprehensive Short Course Training Programme.
The Administrative Assistant will be based within our Training Team located in our purpose built childcare centre in the heart of North Edinburgh.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Offering general administrative assistance to the Training Team
- Communicating / dealing with service users, colleagues and other professional workers in a courteous, efficient and effective way both in person and via telephone / email
- Undertaking a variety of administrative duties including filing, word / data processing, data entry, photocopying and scanning, ordering, dealing with enquiries, answering phones, updating noticeboards etc.
- Processing and recording information in accordance with set procedures
- Effectively collating information required for monitoring purposes
- Gathering statistical information when required
- Processing short course bookings timeously and efficiently in accordance with set procedures
- Gathering information and evidence required to enable the processing of claims
- Support the effective marketing of training opportunities in compliance with funding body requirements.
- Undertake additional responsibilities appropriate relevant to the role as required
What will I Learn?
The successful applicant will undertake a SVQ Level 2 /3 in Business Administration in relation to the achievement of their Modern Apprenticeship.
They will also significantly develop their occupational knowledge and skills within a highly supportive and committed team.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Good communication, organisation and customer care skills
- Ability to act on own their initiative when required
- Ability to build up and maintain effective working relationships with students, colleagues and other professional workers
Appointment will be made subject to the retrieval of a satisfactory disclosure and references
The post holder may be required to work occasional evenings / weekends and will be required to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme (application to become a PVG Scheme member will be facilitated by North Edinburgh Childcare upon commencement of employment).
How to Apply:
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit the ‘Apply Now’ button