Job Title: Cashroom Assistant – Executive Services
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £9.90 per hour, 35 hour week (Mon-Fri 9-5)
Employer: Morton Fraser
This role is based in our Edinburgh office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Summary of Role:
Assisting and deputising for the Legal Cashier in the day to day cashroom functions.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Daily banking – dealing with all incoming/outgoing funds.
- Dealing with enquiries from internal (fee earners) and external (banks etc) contacts.
- Daily postings – entering information into the legal accounting system.
- Setting up and authorising payments using internet banking.
- Entering journals and transfers into the legal accounting system.
- Processing monthly payments (salaries, standing orders, drawings account etc.).
- Carrying out bank account reconcilliations.
- Ensuring compliance to internal control procedures and Law Society of Scotland rules.
- Working efficiently to deadlines.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2/ 3 in Business and Administration
- Industry related training
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Proven numeracy qualification (e.g. Higher Maths/Accountancy).
- Proven planning and organising skills.
- You may have experience of working in the legal sector and will ideally hold a SOLAS qualification, although this is not essential.
- It would be beneficial for the role holder to be conversant with a legal software and be competent at working with Microsoft Excel.