JOB TITLE: Modern Apprentice – Housing
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Housing Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: No Management Responsibilities
The Housing Modern Apprentice is responsible for providing effective administrative and clerical support within the Housing Team to ensure excellent service delivery to our customers. They are also required to work towards achieving the Modern Apprentice in Business and Administration Level 3.
- Support the Housing Assistant team in dealing with voids, allocations, mutual exchanges, and tenancy changes
- Maintain accurate Housing Benefit and Universal Credit records and assist in managing tenancy credits and tenant debts
- Ensure accurate data entry to our IT systems to maintain effective records compliant with Data Protection legislation
- Provide a high level of clerical support to the Department to ensure the aims of the business are achieved
- Respond to customer enquiries in an efficient and helpful manner
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of procedures and processes
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Calculating Housing Benefit adjustments accurately and updating tenant rent accounts
- Providing essential information to ensure Universal Credit Housing costs are awarded
- Applying for Alternative Payment Arrangements and Third Party Deductions
- Maintaining accurate records to enable excellent customer service and effective performance monitoring
- Preparing and distributing written material such as tenancy agreements, letters, e-mails, application forms, minutes and information leaflets
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers
- Assisting with assessing applications for priority for housing in accordance with the Allocations Policy
- Preparing and distributing property adverts including website upload
- Producing shortlists of applicants for allocation
- To assist in the preparation of reports as required to enable effective monitoring of the Housing team’s work
- To liaise politely and professionally with tenants, owners and other bodies over all aspects of the Housing service
- To maintain a good relationship with other Departments and contribute towards the flow of relevant information.
- To carry out a range of administrative duties, such as filing, scanning and photocopying to ensure the efficient running of the Department.
- Ensure that the letter and spirit of our Equalities and Diversity policy is observed in all respects and at all times.
- Carry out other duties from time to time commensurate with the post as required by the Senior Housing Assistant.
- Attend relevant training as required especially in relation to the Modern Apprentice Qualification
- Assist with the work of other departments at times of pressure.