Job Title: Office Assistant Type: Job
Contract: Permanent v Salary: £7,900 – £13,750
Employer: Merchant Leisure Ltd, Edinburgh.
We are the head office to a number of bars and restaurants around Edinburgh City Centre. Our business is currently expanding as we are taking on new sites. This is a great opportunity for someone to learn the basics of office assistant work with plenty of room for personal progression.
Our offices are a 10-minute bus journey from Edinburgh City Centre and have recently been refurbished to a very high standard. We are a close-knit team of six people and looking to take on a seventh.
Although we are a small team we are also part of a wider team that extends to around 40-50 people throughout our operating sites, this is due to expand soon.
We also work closely with two other businesses due to the fact we share premises.
What might a day in this job look like?
Work days will vary from day to day and the successful applicant will have a lot of input on how and when their tasks are performed.
See a short list of duties below:
- Answering and transferring calls
- Answering the main door and signing visitors in
- Opening, sending and distributing mail
- Stationary orders
- Continuous monitoring of the accounts email inbox.
- Sending invoices to site managers for approval before passing onto the accounts team
- Liaising with suppliers
- Freezing alcohol and soft drink invoices on Zonal system to assist with stocktakes
What will I Learn?
This is a very quick paced job and the successful applicant must be prepared to learn quickly. The first thing we will work on will be communication in all forms, telephone calls, emails, and letters.
While working with us we will be able to assist you with SVQ Level 2 / 3 / 4 in Business Administration. Two members of our team have also completed these qualifications
Programmes and systems you will learn to use:
- Zonal Retail Data Systems
- Sage UK
- Fourth Hospitality
- Outlook, Microsoft etc.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
Must have minimum National 4 qualifications, or equivalent, in Maths and English.
An Administration qualification is advantageous but not compulsory.
The successful applicant must be prepared to undertake a Disclosure Scotland check. The disclosure is required to be clear as we have a zero tolerance policy.
We are looking for applicants to have the following attributes:
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Polite/ professional telephone manner
- Good written communication
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Ability to work using own initiative
How to Apply:
Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or hit ‘Apply Now’