Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: £10,920 – £11,760 per annum
Hours: 35 hpw (Monday- Friday 9.30am – 5pm)
The successful applicant must be flexible and happy to work additional hours to cover staff holidays, absences and staff training.
Employer: Lammermuir Medical Practice
Newton Port Surgery EH41 3QP
Lammermuir Medical Practice is one of three busy NHS GP practices based in Newton Port Surgery.
Working in a small and efficient Medical Reception/Admin Team.
To provide a professional reception/administrative service to patients, doctors, staff, health service professionals and others at all times. To work unsupervised effectively in often complex and unpredictable situations. Use own judgement, resourcefulness, common-sense and local knowledge to respond to patients’ enquiries, particularly in assessing degree of urgency.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Deal with patient requests face to face and on the telephone. This may include booking or cancelling appointments or assisting with general enquiries
- Give out test results to patients face to face or over the telephone as per GP/ Practice Nurse instructions.
- Scan or import clinical documents into patient electronic record and workflow as appropriate.
- File and extract patient records and any documents required in the general work of the practice.
- Collate and input patient information onto computer systems.
- Administer repeat prescription system.
- Receive and record payment of non-NHS fees.
- Routinely check work related emails.
- Read code and update patient medical records as per GP/Practice Nurse instructions.
- Take in and record, specimens from patients that have been handed in for onward transmission to laboratory.
- Any other reception duties assigned to post holder.
What will I Learn?
Soft Skills (Communication; Teamwork; Problem Solving; prioritising and organisational skills)
SVQ Level 2 in Business Administration
Industry related training / qualification (none)
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
A minimum number of 3 National 5s / or equivalent.
We are looking for someone who is positive, reliable, enthusiastic, mature and friendly.
How to Apply: