Job Title: Legal Administration Assistant Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: National Minimum Wage Employer: McEwan Fraser Legal
Contract: Permanent subject to completion of a 6 month probationary period.
McEwan Fraser Legal, an award-winning Solicitor and Estate Agency, is a dynamic, young company. With an array of respected industry awards under our belt, we are highly innovative and known for our emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. We deal with residential and commercial property sales as well as having a robust legal department specialising in conveyancing, private client, family law and litigation. Many of our previous apprentices have been promoted within the Company and are enjoying rewarding careers.
Working within the Legal department, consisting of Solicitors, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries, Legal Assistants, Finance and Legal Administration Assistants.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Maintaining an updated filing system
- Creating new client files on LawWare database
- Assisting Solicitors and Paralegals with file preparation
- Issuing standardised legal correspondence
- Answering telephone and email enquiries
- Updating bespoke admin software and case management systems
- Distribution, folding and franking of post
- Liaising with colleagues in the Legal department as well as the other departments within the business
What will I Learn?
SVQ Level 2 / 3 in Business Administration
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- An eye for detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Confidence in dealing with clients via telephone, email, and face-to-face
- Be well presented in accordance with a professional office environment
- Be a team player
- Show initiative and ability to be proactive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, etc.)
How to Apply:
Applications to Recruitment and Marketing Officer, Veronica McNeill: email@example.com
15th May 2017