Job Title: Client Support
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: £18,000 p.a.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5pm
Johnston Financial are a Chartered Financial Planner and Wealth Manager established in 1988 who are responsible for nearly £500 million of our clients’ assets. We provide advice on financial services in a wide range of areas and establish investment portfolios for clients throughout the UK from our Edinburgh New Town offices. The company is one of the largest in its sector and we are committed to ensuring our clients receive exceptional levels of service. To do this we seek to ensure that our staff receive ongoing professional development and enjoy their working environment.
You will be working within the Client Support team and there is a structured training programme to enable you to obtain a Modern Apprenticeship in Providing Financial Services, which will also encompass the industry recognised Chartered Insurance Institute Certificate in Financial Services. You will also be coached and mentored by senior members of the company during your ongoing training. At the end of your Apprenticeship you will hold the position of Client Support.
What might a day in this job look like?
Once you have passed your apprenticeship there are many opportunities for experienced and qualified individuals and Johnston Financial provides full support financially and via training for obtaining additional Chartered Insurance Institute’s professional qualifications. These can lead to different roles within the firm, such as Senior Client Support, Employee Benefits Support, Technical Support, Finance and even Financial Planning.
What will I Learn?
- Soft Skills (e.g. Communication; Teamwork; Problem Solving; etc.)
- SVQ Level 3 in Providing Financial Services
- Industry related training / qualification (i.e. MS Office / Moving & Handling / Customer Service)
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
We are looking for an individual who displays enthusiasm and a desire to learn new skills. Previous experience is not necessary, given that this is an Apprenticeship role and all necessary training will be provided. You must have a professional attitude, and put clients at the heart of what you do at all times. Accuracy is therefore key and you should have a great attention to detail and good time management skills, as many of your responsibilities will be time sensitive.
We expect candidates to have obtained between 2 and 3 Highers, which should include Maths and English, as well as be comfortable and proficient in using Microsoft products.
The role will be varied and some of the main activities will be:
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Assist in the creation of client valuations.
- Ensuring client data is up to date and accurate on the company’s client management system.
- Answering client phone calls and establishing how you can help before passing on messages, if appropriate.
- Managing our advisers’ diaries and setting up meetings.
- Keeping each department’s stationery up to date.
- Assisting with preparation for client meetings, as well as internal staff meetings.
- To meet and greet clients when they arrive in the office and ensure that they are settled in to meeting rooms with refreshments.
- Scanning documents on to our client management system, printing, photocopying and typing efficiently.
In addition to the salary of £18,000, there will be the opportunity to earn an annual bonus.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com