Job Title: Investment Administration Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term 18 months – 35hrs per week
Salary: £18,500 per annum
Employer: McInroy & Wood Ltd, Easter Alderston, Haddington, EH41 3SF
McInroy & Wood is a thriving and independent private client investment management firm managing over £2bn worth of clients’ investments, which are invested directly around the world. Housed in its own purpose-built premises in Haddington, with additional offices in London and Harrogate, we are proud of our collegiate approach. We strive to build a diverse team, recognising the many benefits that this brings to our clients and colleagues.
What might a day in this role look like?
As an Investment Administration Assistant you will help the Administrators:
Deal with client matters, liaising with internal departments, agents and clients to ensure a high level of service is provided.
Check and distribute quarterly client valuations and annual suitability review records.
Validate and process security and cash transfers for private client portfolios.
Maintain client records in accordance with external and internal standards and ensuring these are accurate and up to date on all systems.
Contribute to project development, whether internal or regulatory changes.
Contribute to regular risk assessments and continuous improvement initiatives.
What will I learn?
- Undertake an SVQ 3 in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 6
- Gain experience working in a team who are united in delivering excellent client service at all times along with an understanding of how all departments in an investment management company work together to achieve this.
- Develop skills in written and oral communication with clients and colleagues, teamwork, problem solving and working to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- You will become proficient with the use of Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams along with custodian systems and our internal client relationship and investment management system.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- National 5 / or equivalent which should include English and Maths
- Team worker with a proactive flexible approach
- Attention to detail, excellent time management and an ability to multi-task.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to: email@example.com
Monday 29th August 2022