Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30pm
Closing Date: This position will be filled when a suitable applicant is found
Employer: Harvey Nash Scotland
Edinburgh city centre
We’re Scotland’s go-to experts in professional recruitment. We’ve been based in our Edinburgh office since 2008 and we’ve got links with the 40 Harvey Nash offices across the UK, Europe, USA and Asia-Pacific Rhona Hutchon set up Harvey Nash Scotland with just a couple of consultants in a small office in Edinburgh’s West End. In the last 7 years, she has turned that tiny team of consultants into a team of 20 thriving experts and has led Harvey Nash to huge successes. We have rapidly outgrown 3 offices and just recently moved into our newly-designed suite in Waverley Gate at the East end of Princes Street. We work with a number of Scotland’s top companies, which range across massive corporations, emerging tech start-ups and the public sector.
Office based working within a team of 20
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties will include:
- CV formatting: Assisting consultants by preparing CV’s in word so that they are ready to send to our clients
- Data entry:Keeping our candidate database and spreadsheets accurate and up to date
- Office duties
- Answering the telephone in a friendly, professional and efficient manner and record/pass on messages as appropriate
- Ensuring the meeting rooms are always well presented and fully stocked
- Stationery orders
- Reporting: Sending weekly reports and updates to the teams
- References: Supply references forcontractors who have worked for us
- Ad hoc projects: Provide administrative support to all areas of the business as required
- Contractor queries:Assist contractors with timesheet and payroll queries
What will I Learn?
SVQ Level 2 / 3 in Business Administration
- Further your experience with Microsoft programmes
- Learn about the recruitment industry
- Gain knowledge of databases
- Develop your communication and teamwork skills
- Customer service skills
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
The candidate should:
- be educated to a National 5 level or equivalent in English
- have a strong attention to detail
- be organised and capable of managing and prioritising workloads.
- be self-motivated and have a positive “can do” attitude
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com