Job Title: General Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Permanent – 35 hours/ week
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Employer: Morton Fraser
To work as part of a team in providing an efficient and effective administrative and facilities support service to the fee earners.
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail to meet required deadlines including opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail, and collecting, franking and preparing outgoing mail.
- Document production including colour copying/printing and binding.
- Scanning of correspondence to email and case plan.
- Labelling, filing, indexing and archiving documents.
- Good housekeeping of open plan working floor and internal meeting rooms, reporting any faults to the Central Services Team Leader.
- Prioritising tasks and liaise with Central Services users to manage expectations and promote user confidence and satisfaction.
- Replenishing consumables in photocopiers/printers and stationery store.
- Assisting other General Assistants as and when required.
What skills will I learn?
- SVQ level 2/3 in Business and Administration
- Industry related training
Qualifications and Experience
Ideally you will have experience of working within a similar role in an office environment, preferably with mailroom/print room experience and knowledge of document production.
- You have good communication and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- You can produce accurate work and you have good attention to detail.
- You have excellent communication skills, you are articulate, you communicate clearly, concisely and without any jargon.
- You enjoy working within a team and autonomously on your own initiative.
- You are personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- You are confident and you have a strong belief in yourself and your own ability.
- You are committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required
How to apply: send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5th August 2022