Job Title: Finance Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Full time (12 month fixed term contract- with potential to become permanent)
Hours: 37.5 hours
This role is based in our Edinburgh office for administrative purposes. We operate our business on an agile basis reflecting the needs of our clients and our people to deliver outstanding client service. We will agree a suitable office/homeworking arrangement with all candidates.
Summary of Role
To ensure an efficient and compliant administration process for processing client fees.
- Production of fee notes and outlays
- Set up auto billing for relevant clients
- Liaise with fee earners to agree the appropriate narrative for client invoices
- Ensure VAT treatment is correct
- Process invoices and disbursements ensuring these are billed to the correct matter
- Respond to any queries from internal / external clients
- Provide a breakdown of invoices and statements when required
- Provide cover for team members
- Support Finance Director with other projects, as and when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven numeracy qualification (e.g. Higher Maths/ Accountancy)
- Experience of working in a finance function
- Proven planning and organising skills.
- Database management experience is desirable
- Excellent team-working skills
- Good communication skills, articulate and concise
- Personable and good at building and developing client relationships.
- Confident with a strong belief in own ability.
- Committed to providing a good client experience and willing to put in extra time and effort when required
- Able to prioritise work and sequence work appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Able to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision using own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
How to apply:
Please send an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com