Job Title: Associate – Reception and Front of House Services
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Permanent Monday – Friday (40 hours per week)
Salary: £13,000 per annum
Employer: Core-Asset Consulting
Core-Asset Consulting is a leading financial and professional services recruitment business based in Edinburgh. We supply a range of services across the recruitment spectrum from permanent to contractor hires through to vetting and contract management services.
Our approach is to provide quality and authenticity in everything we do. The success of our model is allowing us to expand at pace, and we seek high quality individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment to join us. In return we offer a training infrastructure and mentoring culture to support and encourage growth and development. We are dedicated to ensuring our people achieve their potential, promoting a culture of teamwork, personal responsibility, initiative and success.
Provision of front of house and reception services including meeting and greeting visitors and telephone support. Reception cover is required from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday across a weekly rota system.
What might a day in this job look like?
- Responding to telephone calls, passing on to relevant teams and departments accordingly
- Management of telephone messages via Bullhorn for consultants and directors across the business
- Management of reception services (face to face): dealing with clients, guests, visitors in a professional manner
- Answering main door, managing suppliers to the business in a professional manner, actioning any requests or requirements accordingly (Milk, Mail, Water, Plants to be watered etc)
- Responsible for the management of visitor’s book within the building, signing people in and out of the building
- Keeping abreast of internal and external meetings in the main diary management system (Outlook) being aware of what meetings are taking place on each day and number of guest and visitors
- Setting up of tea and coffee facilities for internal and external meetings (as above)
- Ensuring there is adequate cover on a daily basis for peek meeting times (lunch times for example)
- Provision of Housekeeping duties for meeting rooms and facilities, ensuring before and after each meeting that required facilities are refreshed and suitably stocked (Water, Glasses, Coffee, note pads, pens etc), and bathrooms stocked
- Provision, when required of general administration support to the business including document scanning, binding presentations, filing etc
- Booking of taxis for wider team when required
- Member of the fire safety team, responsible for weekly testing of fire alarm system and ensuring safe exit from the building.
- Performing additional ad-hoc duties as and when required
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Industry related training
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Strong customer service skills
- Service orientation – actively looking for ways to help people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Adopting a proactive approach to work-related activities
- Engaging with peers across all levels to develop effective working relationships This Modern
- Apprenticeship is a government funded qualification for candidates between 16-24.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org