Job Title: Property Management Apprentice
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: £11,000 to £13,000 dependant on applicant
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5pm
Start Date: As soon as possible however will wait till mid June for the best candidate
Chapmans is a small but mighty property lettings and management business based in Roseburn in Edinburgh. We manage flats and houses in and around the city with some houses out with the bypass. We look after a wide range of landlords – from investors, first time landlords, executries and clients moving to us from other agencies. Our landlords live locally and abroad.
Working in a small team based at our office Roseburn (EH12 6AW), but with 25% of the day spent out and about at properties.
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties that will be carried out will be essential to the smooth running of the team and business. These include but are not limited to the following:
1. Dealing with phone based enquiries from potential tenants looking to rent a property as well as landlord and existing tenant enquiries
2. Showing prospective tenants around properties and asking for feedback
3. Monitoring the email inbox
4. Key management (logging keys in and out to contractors)
5. Filing, scanning and archiving
6. Booking in property visits for the property managers
7. Window displays
8. Preparing new properties for let
9. Instructing and chasing up Safety Certificates
10. Switching over utility accounts and council tax accounts when tenants move in and out
11. Assisting the whole team in the smooth running of the business and the delivery of exceptional customer service
What will I Learn?
- Soft Skills: First class communication skills (both verbal and written), valuable customer service skills, confidence and competence in showing people around proeprties, learn how to assess applicants,
- SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and/or Customer Service
- Industry related training / qualification – ie Microsoft office, Opportunities to become an accredited Property Manger over time with a view to really progressing in your career with the business supporting you through further industry qualifications.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- Minimum age of 18 with a full clean drivers license
- National 4s English and Maths
- Strong verbal communication skills
- We are looking for someone who is well presented, personal, reliable, energetic, keen to learn and get involved, confident and enthusiastic with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will close when the right candidate has been found.