Job Title: Property Management Apprentice
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: £11,000 to £15,000 dependant on applicant
Hours: Monday – Friday 9-5.30am and Saturdays as required (paid in addition)
Start Date: As soon as possible however will wait for the best and right candidate
Chapmans is a small but mighty property lettings and management business based in Roseburn in Edinburgh. We feel we provide a vital service to both our landlords – who need someone they can trust to manage and let their properties – but also to our tenants for whom we a providing a home and a safe and happy place to live. We provide this service to a wide range of landlords – from investors, first time landlords, executries and clients moving to us from other agencies. Our landlords live locally and abroad. Our tenants are diverse and can be students, families, elderly people, executives and just young people moving out of their family homes and living independently for the very first time.
Working in a small team based at our office Roseburn (EH12 6AW), but with 25% of the day spent out and about at properties. We are a happy but busy team and we are all willing to work hard to help each other out. We do regular team training days, weekly team meetings and also always open to doing some fun afterwork activities.
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties that will be carried out will be essential to the smooth running of the team and business. These include but are not limited to the following and we may ask you to take on added responsibilities beyond the job title:
- Dealing with phone based enquiries from potential tenants looking to rent a property as well as landlord and existing tenant enquiries
- Showing prospective tenants around properties and asking for feedback
- Monitoring the email inbox
- Key management (logging keys in and out to contractors)
- Filing, scanning and archiving
- Booking in property visits for the property managers with a view to doing them yourself in the future
- Window displays
- Preparing new properties for let
- Instructing and chasing up Safety Certificates
- Keeping maintenance log up to date and keep all parties informed
- Switching over utility accounts and council tax accounts when tenants move in and out
- Assisting the whole team in the smooth running of the business and the delivery of exceptional customer service
What will I Learn?
Soft Skills: First class transferable skills – interpersonal skills, communication (verbal and written), negotiation, customer service, administration, problem solving, prioritising tasks
SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration and/or Customer Service
Industry related training / qualification – ie Microsoft office, Opportunities to become an accredited Property Manger over time with a view to really progressing in your career with the business supporting you through further industry qualifications.
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- You will receive superb on the job training which will be a mixture of work shadowing, direct training, on the job learning and self-directed study should you wish to progress further.
- We are looking for someone who is well presented, personal, reliable, energetic, keen to learn and get involved, confident and enthusiastic with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service and has to be a genuineteam player.
- You must be curious – you should be curious to explore issues, learn and try and work around situations. An openness to constant learning is essential.
- We would expect you to start working towards your property management qualifications during your apprenticeship as well for really rapid progression.
- Minimum age of 18 with a full clean drivers license
- National 4s English and Maths
- Strong verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Please answer the following questions:
- If someone – a friend or colleague – were to describe you, what words would they use?
- What excites you about working in the property market?
- What motivates you to get up in the morning?
Friday 23rd August however will fill the position once the right person has been found