Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Hours: 36.25 hours per week Monday – Friday 9 – 5pm
Closing Date: Friday 21st September 2018
- Castle Rock Edinvar Housing Association
- Castle Rock Edinvar is one of Scotland’s leading housing associations and a Scottish Charity.
- We own and manage over 8000 homes and work with over 8000 customers across 8 local authority areas.
The successful candidate will be based at our Head Office at 1 Hay Avenue, Niddrie, Edinburgh and will work within Reception. They will be a part of the Housing Management team, and will share Reception duties with the main receptionist. They will also support the Housing Management team with administrative tasks. The role of the Housing Management team is to provide a comprehensive housing management service to customers including managing reports of anti-social behaviour, ensuring tenancy conditions are met, letting properties, dealing with tenancy changes, sustaining tenancies and ensuring our developments are well maintained and safe.
What might a day in this job look like?
The successful candidate will be involved in a number of things including;
- Over the counter face to face conversations with tenants and other service users
- Providing assistance and sign posting customers contacting us via the switchboard
- The management of a customer mailbox
- Ordering and managing office stationary supplies
- Taking delivery of mail, seeing that it goes to the appropriate team/individual and arranging for the outgoing mail to be sent
- Ordering name badges and security badges for staff
- Ordering Catering for meetings or training events
- Booking travel for staff
- Using Microsoft Work to complete and send mail merges
- Scanning, Photocopying and Faxing
- Update and manage various systems for data management and reporting.
- Operate the computerised Purchase Order system as required to ensure that orders are processed in line with the Group Purchase Ordering procedure.
- Manage the movement of keys to make sure that they are always kept secure and can be located as required.
- Maintain property and tenancy records on our main systems to ensure that accurate and up to date information is available.
- Keep spreadsheets relating to key housing management functions accurate and up to date.
What will I Learn?
- Soft Skills (e.g. Communication; Teamwork; Problem Solving; etc.)
- SVQ Level 2 / 3 in Business Administration
- Industry related training on MS Office and Customer Care Service
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
- A minimum number of two Highers or equivalent which should include English and Maths.
- We are looking for someone who is really positive, reliable, enthusiastic and is able to deal appropriately with a wide range of customers with diverse needs.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org