Contract: Fixed term contract for 18 months
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th June 2021.
This post is to provide an efficient and effective customer care and administrative service to our Care & Repair Service and our Asset Management Department. The postholder is also required to work towards achieving the Modern Apprentice Business & Administration qualification at Level 3. The role is split, with three days per week spent in Care & Repair, and two days per week in Asset Management.
The role involves liaising with tenants, owners and all other service users in a helpful and friendly manner ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction, as well as providing administrative support, working as part of the Care & Repair and Asset Management teams.
- Process general enquiries in an efficient and helpful manner.
- Liaise politely and professionally with tenants, owners and all other service users.
- Maintain a good working relationship with other Departments and contribute towards the flow of relevant information.
- Organise and maintain information systems, both manual and computerised.
- Word processing and formatting of letters, reports, minutes and other paperwork for either Department, in accordance with office procedures.
- Attend meetings, as required, and take minutes if requested.
- Maintain and update contractor’s list.
- Record satisfaction survey from returns and maintain performance monitoring systems.
- Monitor tenant / client satisfaction within both service areas and identify areas for improvement.
- Assist with producing quarterly performance reports.
Care & Repair
- Respond to all requests for the Small Repair Service (SRS) including arranging appointments in the diary, liaising with the SRS Officer, maintaining computer records, issuing invoices to clients and monitoring payment receipts.
- Administer requests for East Lothian Housing Association adaptations and liaise with Occupational Therapists and Contractors to arrange the works. Prepare the HAG claims for submission to The Scottish Government.
- Assist with promotion of the Care & Repair Service to promote and publicise work to raise the profile of the service.
- Signpost customers to relevant agencies and monitor.
- Assist with researching charitable funding for clients as required.
- Liaise with customers to arrange access for Property Officers and issue inspection requests as required.
- Pursue contractors to ensure that repairs are carried out within required timescales.
- Process work orders through the property information system.
- Assist with the administration for planned and cyclical maintenance.
- Assist with processing any requests from tenants for alterations / improvements. Ensure tenants receive a written decision within agreed timescales, all in line with the Association’s policies and procedures.
- To attend relevant training as required, particularly in relation to the Modern Apprentice Qualification.
- Ensure that the letter and spirit of our Equalities and Diversity policy is observed in all respects and at all times.
- Other duties commensurate with the post as designated by the Care & Repair Manager or Asset Manager.
How to apply:
To apply please send an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org