Job Title: Business Administration Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Contract: Fixed Term 12 months
Salary: £8,120 pa (£4.35 ph) 16-17 years old
£11,593 pa (£6.15 ph) 18-20 years old
Hours: 36.25 hours per week
Monday – Thursday 9 – 5pm
Friday – 9 – 4 pm
Employer: Capital Credit Union Ltd
62 Hamilton Place
Edinburgh EH3 5AZ
Capital Credit Union was established in June 1989 and is one of the largest credit unions in the UK, with more than 25,000 members, and assets of £35 million. Offering a range of ethical financial services, membership is open to anyone living or working in East of Scotland, employed by one of our Select Partners or a member of the trade union Community.
As a financial co-operative, anyone who opens a savings account with us becomes a member of the credit union. Full membership begins at age 16 with junior memberships also available.
Working in a small team in an office based environment.
What might a day in this job look like?
Duties that will be carried out will include:
- Assisting with and carrying out processing income received from members, updating members accounts and answering queries about member accounts
- Processing invoices and updating purchase ledger information including filing
- Assisting with and processing and reconciling pre- paid cards, credit cards, petty cash and members cash
- Assisting with and processing payments to members through BACS and Faster Payments
- Assisting credit control including sending notification to members who have missed payments.
- Following up missed payments for credit control by telephone, email, and letter
- Assisting with retrieving data to provide management information
- Assisting with statement runs to members
- Filing using manual and electronic means.
- Assisting Business Development and Member Services as required
What will I Learn?
- Soft Skills – communication, teamwork, problem solving
- SVQ Level 3 in Business Administration
- Financial Services office skills, recording, reconciling, using Microsoft Office 365, Sage Accounting
What Qualifications / Qualities are required?
National 5 in English and Maths
We are looking for someone who is positive, reliable, enthusiastic, has high attention to detail, enjoys working with numbers, and can communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 2ndAugust 2019