Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Type: Modern Apprenticeship
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Contractax Ltd, Accountancy and Taxation, Bonnington Bond 2 Anderson Place Edinburgh EH6 5NP. We are a diverse Accountancy Practice, which deals with a vast range of business nationally.
Working in a close knit team based in the office.
What might a day in this role look like?
Duties that will be carried out in a typical day will be dealing with emails/mail sending/scanning them to relevant colleagues, booking meeting rooms/meet and greet clients, bank reconciliation’s, processing sales/purchase invoices using VT Transaction Plus, Xero etc and payroll.
What will I learn?
- SVQ Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Industry related training / qualification – MS Office / VT transaction Plus, Xero, dropbox / Customer Service Skills).
- Soft Skills – e-communication, teamwork, problem solving, prioritising workload.
What qualifications/skills are required?
- National 5 or equivalent which should include English and Maths. A higher in maths is preferred
- Keen to learn with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ages 16-24
Candidate will be required to be competent in the below for an Accounts Assistant:
- Using Microsoft Outlook Receiving/sending emails to relevant colleagues/clients.
- Answering the office phone in a polite/professional manner and carefully taking client queries passing them onto relevant colleagues.
- Opening mail, scanning it to company server and forwarding necessary mail to relevant colleagues.
- Booking meeting rooms for colleagues/Meet and greet clients before their meetings.
- Meet and greet clients when collecting/returning their books and records.
- Booking in clients books and records on to the company database.
- Processing bank Reconciliations/Sales invoices/Purchase invoices for VAT returns, Sole traders and Limited Companies.
- Requesting missing information from clients.
- Organising and prioritising your own workload.
- Working closely with colleagues to meet deadlines and targets.
- Useful if have knowledge of cloud based accounting packages such as Xero, QuickBooks etc.
How to Apply:
Please send CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
30th June 2022